Friday, October 17, 2008

Book Questions

Ok, you caught me. I haven't finished the book yet. These are the questions I have come up with so far. Please think about these as you read the book.
  1. How was Ms. Bolte Taylor's stroke like you own?
  2. How was it different?
  3. How was your treatment/rehab different from Ms. Bolte Taylor's? Do you think the type of treatment she endorses would have worked for you? Why or why not?
  4. Do you think this would be a good book for a recent stroke survivor or their family? Why or why not?
  5. What did you learn from this book?
  6. What would you like your healthcare/rehab professionals to know from this book? Do you think this is an appropriate book for healthcare workers?
  7. Who did you feel was the intended audience of this book?
  8. Summarize (or at least think about) the theory behind this book. How do you know? Do you feel this book is scientific/factual or intended as a memoir?
  9. If you were to write a book about your experiences, what would you tell people? OR What would you want people to learn from your experience?
  10. What would you like to read/watch next? (Movies are ok, too.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
Yes I have started the book. So far it is great. My computer internet provider has been unavailable all day and I just got online, so tomorrow I will really be thinking about your questions and what my answers will be. Thanks Rachel, I really need this way of getting support and giving support.
Fondly, Lori